Korea Society of Waste Management (KSWM) was established to develop all areas of waste management in a scientific manner and contribute to social development. Journal of Korea Society of Waste Management is published by the KSWM. It is a journal for the publication of significant research results in relevant areas of waste management. Manuscripts for submission to the Journal of KSWM should be prepared according to the following instructions.
Manuscripts should be submitted through the on-line (http://submission.kswm.or.kr/).
Other correspondence can be sent by e-mail to the Editor, Prof. Young-Kwon Park (University of Seoul, Seoul, 02504, Korea) (Tel: +82-2-353-9806, Fax: +82-2-353-5934, e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Both the first and corresponding authors of the submitted paper must be members of the KSWM. However, when foreign person/national graduate students (non-Korean citizen) who affiliated in foreign institutions submit manuscripts, the submitting author does not need to be a member of the KSWM. Author check list and copyright transfer guidance can be found during the submission process via homepage. Copyright transfer agreement should be signed by all co-authors.
Four types of manuscripts are published in this journal: Original Paper (Research Paper), Review Paper, Technical Paper and Short Paper.
All submitted manuscripts should be original and should not be considered by other scientific journals. If duplicate publication related to the papers of this journal is detected, the publication of the paper could be withdrawn according to the investigation of the Editorial Board of KSWM.
All manuscripts are treated as confidential. The corresponding author can recommend at least 3 reviewers. Editor-in-chief appoints experts who have specialized knowledge for the submitted manuscript as reviewers. The manuscripts are peerreviewed by at least 3 anonymous reviewers selected by the editor-in-chief. When the editor-in-chief submits manuscript, vice editor-in-chief appoints the reviewers. All reviewers should submit the results with comment to the KSWM within 3 weeks. In case of express manuscript, it should be submitted within 1 week. The corresponding author is notified as soon as possible of the Editorial Board’s decision to accept, reject, or request revision of manuscripts. When the final revised manuscript is completely acceptable according to the KSWM format and criteria, it is scheduled for publication in the next available issue. Rejected papers will not be peer-reviewed again.
Authors must make a fixed payment for reviewing it as soon as they submit the manuscript in Korean or English to the KSWM. It is charged in ￦30,000 for ordinary and ￦200,000 for express manuscripts, respectively. If necessary, a notable scholar could be invited for review article by the editor-in-chief through the advice of the editors. A certain amount of money could be paid to the author of the invited review article. The payment can be waived only when foreign person/national graduate students (non-Korean citizen) who affiliated in foreign institutions are a submitting author
Authors must make a fixed payment to the KSWM after publication of the article. It is charged in ￦15,000 per page within 6 pages and ￦30,000 per page from the page 7. It is double charged for express paper. Thirty free reprints will be supplied to the authors paying page charges. The payment can be waived only when foreign person/national graduate students (non-Korean citizen) who affiliated in foreign institutions are a submitting author.
Both the first and corresponding authors of the submitted paper must be members of the KSWM.
Copyrights of all published materials are owned by the KSWM.
Acceptance or rejection is decided after reviewing the submitted manuscript by the rule of KSWM. Authors cannot be added or deleted after the manuscript is accepted.
It is admitted as ‘reception date’ when both the manuscript and the cost for reviewing are delivered to the KSWM. It is admitted as ‘acceptance date’ when the review for the manuscript is finished.
Papers are fundamentally composed of abstract, keywords within five, introduction, literature review and theoretical research, experimental materials and methods, results and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement, and references. They should be numbered in order of I, 1, 1.1, 1), (1), .
References should be fundamentally written in English and be cited in the body of the article as follows.
1) Journal articles : in order of “authors : title, journal name, volume, number, pages (year)”
2) Book: in order of “authors : title, volume, editor, publishing company, pages (year)”
3) Papers of conference, seminar, and symposium : in order of “authors : title, conference name, pages (year)”
(1) Lagier, T., Feuillade-Cathalifaud, G. and Matejka, G. : Fate of heavy metals trapped in landfill under sulphur species : effects of oxidant and complexant macro molecules, Proceedings Sardinia 05, 12th International Landfill Symposium, S. Margherita di Pula, Caliari, Italy, October 4-8, pp. 207-212 (2005)
4) Dissertation : in order of “author : title, degree type, affiliation, country (year)”
(1) Monthon, T. : Ultra low pressure nanofiltration of river water for drinking water treatment, Ph. D. Dissertation, Tokyo University, Japan (2002)
5) Patents: in order of “authors : issued patent of country, registration number, pages (year)”
(1) Rust, F. F. and Vaughan, W. E. : U.S. Patent 2,392,294 (2002)
6) websites: in order of “affiliation : title, website name, URL (accessed date)”
(1) US EPA : Bioreactors, What is a bioreactor landfill, www.epa.gov/epaoswer/nonhw/muncpl/landfill/bioreactor (access date: November 26, 2006)
7) All names of the authors should be written in the references.
8) References should be numbered in order at the end of the cited paragraph in the body of the article as follows.
The SI system must be used in principle for all dimensional quantities in original language.
Galley proofs are sent to the corresponding author and should be returned with the least possible delay. The other alteration such as inserting or change of words and phrases is not fundamentally allowed except misprint, misspelling, and missing words.
Authors can recommend at least 3-5 reviewers for the rapid and accurate reviewing of the submitted manuscript.
The Journal of Korea Society of Waste Management (in Korean language) is issued six times a year and is published on the last day of every Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., and Dec. The Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management (in English language) is issued four times a year in cooperation with Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management. If necessary, publication months could be modified through the Editorial Board of KSWM.
Details not mentioned in this guideline are delegated to the Editorial Board of KSWM.